Saturday, February 27, 2010

A Father's Perspective?

Being Jamison's father, I felt it necessary to share my perspective of Jamison's autism.  The more I've come to research autism, the more I've noticed that almost every book, blog, forum posting is by a mother.   Now, I've known all along, but it reminded me how important a mother is to a family who has an autistic child.   The countless hours, sleepless nights, and immeasurable sacrifices Stacey has made are what is keeping our home and family in one piece.  Without her knowledge, patience, vigilance, and love; I can't imagine where we'd be right now.

What I hope to share throughout my posts are my experiences as a father in this battle.   These experiences may not necessarily represent those of all fathers, but I am pretty sure that much of what will be revealed is common among the male father figure in an autistic child's life.


No comments:

Post a Comment